Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Tiffany

Tiffany Ann is a friend who I have had since I was three weeks and three days old! Our parents were friends and our siblings as well. It was inevitable that we would be friends. The fact that we were born and raised at Hume Lake made it inevitable that we would stay friends because we had no one else to be friends with. Thankful God took care of us and made our personalities perfect for each other! I have never even found someone who could come close to my Tiffany. We share more memories, secrets and life than I think with any other person in our lives besides our family members…no in fact maybe even more than them! I remember a cold winter day at Hume a long time ago when me and Tiffany were wondering around camp. We found a tube of “Putty” and started playing with it. It was a lot of fun at first until it started to harden on our little hands and cloths. We started trying to wash it off in the river…it only got harder. We thought maybe it was freezing so we ran to the bathroom and ran warm water over our hands but to no avail…this stuff wouldn’t come off! We panicked and returned home afraid of what our parents might say. They asked what it was we were playing with and asked us to go back for the tube of paste, mind you our hands are still covered n this now hardened plaster. When we brought the tube home I can clearly remember Tiffany’s dad practically collapsing in a fit of laughter….we had been playing with water proof boat glue! It wasn’t the last time we got into rough situations together, but whether it was glue or hot dog huts we made it through everything side by side. We braved 5 summers working along side each other, understanding the need to not really bond with the summer staff because they would just leave. Besides we didn’t need them, we had each other:-)
Tiffany is…
~
The kind of friend I have the meaningful conversations with. The deep theological thoughts at seven in the morning or late at night
~
The most reliable and trustworthy person.
~
The friend who constantly encourages me to be better. The friend who isn’t afraid to be real WITH me.
~
My “Whatever” friend!
~
The kind of friend who takes the train all the way south just so she can help me run around to Big Lots and stays up late tying a million bows!
~
The kind of friend who it doesn’t matter if we have talked in months! We still pick up right where we left off. Never drifting apart
~
The kind of friend I will be friends with for my whole life not just because I want to, but because I have to. I can’t imagine life without her
~
The kind of friend who I want the best for because I believe that she deserves the world. And I will crush anyone who doesn’t give it to her heehee
~
My breakup buddy who makes me cookie dough that could kill me to make me feel better.
~
The kind of friend who buys matching dresses with me for my bridal shower:-)
~
And definitely my favorite red head that ever lived!

I love you Tiffany! You are one of the best blessings God ever gave me to get me through life at Hume. I'm pretty sure he didn't create us perfect for our husbands but for echother:-)

No comments: