Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Can Cook!

I happen to be getting married to a man who loves to cook. Not from recipes but just making it up as he goes and...it always tastes amazing! I on the other hand can cook a few select things and to be honest it's nothing that impressive. Cody worked a day car yesterday and asked if I wanted to make him dinner and have it ready when he got home...No I thought. I don't want to do that I don't know how to cook! But figuring I had to start some place so I agreed. I pulled out the cookbooks and started looking for the perfect thing...It wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. Everything called for 8 different spices. And seeing as I just moved in spices is something I am lacking in greatly besides the garlic salt that Witch brought us...every home needs that:-) This was not going to be much fun at all. I resorted to the only thing I knew I couldn’t go wrong with, Mexican Food! Cody loves Mexican and so I headed to the store and went home and cooked! I made tostadas… very impressive isn’t it? Chicken tostadas, and I didn’t even cook the chicken but…he was happy and said it tasted good! When he finally got there almost at ten after his car breaking down and getting pulled over. Anyways point being, it was a fun night together and I proved that even if I can’t really cook…
I can make a pretty yummy meal:-)

1 comment:

annamae said...

ha! i love that, can't really cook but can make a yummy meal! that is so me! and i guess you too. ;)