Sunday, July 5, 2009

Room Remodel... And BIG News!

Okay well over the past couple months as you might know, the Lilley family has been going through some big changes. Both in my parents new direction of life (Which we are anxiously waiting for!) as well as my siblings and their life directions. Me and Cody have been doing a lot of talking and thinking for a while now and we have decided to move to Colorado!
Ahhh I know freak out a little bit :-)
Because of this his parents have agreed to let us live in their home until we go to save money for the move in February! This is such a huge blessing and answer to prayers and another way God is opening doors for us and making this feel like the right decision to make. While this is all very exciting giving up the idea of having a home for at least 7 months was a little hard on me (You will understand even more when you see the room we moved into!) So with a budget of $500 I redid the room to make it feel as much like our space as I could. Im pretty happy with how it turned out. For starters here are the before pictures.... (gasp)

Yes it is kinda sage green and red! The roof IS painted as well as a beautiful star on the wall. I didnt post pictures but the carpet had black spots all over it and the one door had been used to throw knifes into and light on fire a couple times. This room was scary!

It also came with this lovely beat up built in book shelf. Now in these pictures me and Robin had already spent a day cleaning this room out! haha just to give you an idea... Now none of this is her fault just to be clear. This room had been a guys zone for years and the previous paint color that was still peaking out in areas was a dark dark blue! Talk about a dungeon.
Needless to say the first project was to paint.
Cody was working the first two nights I worked on this project after work, and had a hunting class on Friday & Saturday when I finally finished it! It took three coats of primer on some parts of this room and those shelves were almost the death of me. I stayed up all night Friday night until this project was finished!
So here are the afters!

Pretty white shelves! And that door was the one that had been so damaged before! You cant hardly tell anymore :-) I actually dont like the tan color I chose, I had a lighter one picked out but got talked into a shade darker and was sad I did but Im still very pleased with how it turned out! Over all the paint cost $75 including trays and rollers...

Im still looking for an entertainment center but for now we are using Rylees little table and it works. I also dont have enough to decorate the shelves but they are coming together and will take some tweaking until its how I like it. I spent about $25 on some things to add to the shelves

This is looking back into the bedroom. I found that chair on craigslist for $50. It actually has a slip cover that is in the middle of a makeover itself. I'll blog about it when Im finished but I was pretty happy with the purchase. The yellow blanket and zebra pillow were $6 a piece! I Love Ross! I got white curtains that Im going to be hanging as soon as I find the right blinds to put behind them. There floor length and from Ikea for $20 and the lamp with the shade was only $7

Our bed, I didnt want to use out nice stuff we got as a wedding gift because I was afraid it might get damaged by all the traffic coming through the room. (I come home regularly to either the girls, cameron or cameron and his autistic boys in my bed watching TV :-) So I got this plane black duvet cover from Ikea for $14 another great find. I bought purple sheets for $30, the greenish yellow pillow for $14 and the scrunchy white blanket for $20 (yeah the blanket cost more then the duvet!) The lamp is also from Ikea for $25, it gets dust fast but thankfully the whole thing pops apart pretty easy so I can dust it good :-) We hung our wedding pictures finally! I love getting to look at them every day!
So far my biggest purchase was this wooden screen room divider. I got it from target for $116, it was shipped to my house already all pout together and I love it. It did come with one ding in it that happened during shipping but its nothing huge. I wanted the bed to feel a little separated from the rest of room. with this up it creates a sort of living room to the front half of the room. and also an extra security that if anyone comes barging into the room without knocking they wont see anything right off the bat. This room doesn't have a lock... yet! haha its in the works and on the top of the list :-) Anyways this is a wordy post but thats what I have been up to. There will be more posts coming on the more detailed projects I have been up to!





4 comments:

annamae said...

well it looks amazing! I like the stuff you chose and I'm glad you were able to make a nice little space for yourselves. I'm sorry I talked you into a darker shade of paint though :( at least you don't have to live with it forever though!
Can't wait to hear how the slip cover turns out.

stina said...

i love it! so cute!

paperlilley said...

it all looks really good! :D i want to see what you did with the slip cover :o

Brittany Griffin said...

You are such a cute little wife! You kept that super cheap and still made it look amazing! I am totally writing down ideas. :)

Bravo!