Sunday, July 5, 2009

Jessica's Shower

My sister AnnaMae and I had the opportunity to throw a bridal shower for our dear friend since birth practically. Most of the credit goes to Anna who is the matron of honor on the wedding THIS weekend! She did a wonderful job envisioning and planning something special and beautiful. But I still had a great time helping out and trying to think of the little details that would make everything just right for Jessica. You know how we Lilleys love the details :-)
We had the shower at Brandons (The Grooms) parents home. It was the perfect gorgeous setting. I just loved all the aspens! Dianna was such a huge help to us and was the third planner for the party. Her and Ron took care of so many of the on location details for us and opened their home for us to work away all day Friday before the shower. Dianna is such a sweet lady and made us feel right at home and worked hard along with us to bless her soon to be daughter. I really hope Jessica knows what a blessing it is to have such a sweet mother in law. Not everyone is as lucky as the few of us who have mother in laws who are easy to love :-)
Me & Anna happy to see everything come together like we had hoped.
Erin also came along for the weekend and was another huge help! Even if she did have to stop for naps now and then ;-) Being pregnant is a lot of work! It was so great to have all three of us together and we enjoyed the long drives and the opportunity to chat and catch up on life. (Just wish Heather had been there too :-()
Anna made all those paper pom pom balls you see hanging back in the trees with the help of Erin and Dianna (Brave ladies!) They looked so soft and pretty surrounding the shower and added a pop of color. Im a big fan of these guys even if I would never brave making them myself! haha
This is the food table... Yum :-P I was in charge of the food of course. Besides accidentaly buying golden honeydew, which made it look just like the cantaloupe... everything came together beautifully (Until the sun started melting the mounds of chocolate covered strawberries... woops)
And to me everything tasted great.
This is the drink and favor table. Complete with heart shaped ice cubes with berries frozen in them! Haha its all in the details! To the right is a candy buffet for favors. Each guest got ot fill a little pail with their favorite candies to take home.
The center pieces. Each table had different colored fabric and flowers but I think they turned out pretty cute! I loved the butterflies that Anna made to sit on the edge!
Gift table. I found that delicious yellow fabric (Which has small white dots on it that you cant see) for 99 cents a yard! Now I just need to find something cute to make of it!

And the Big Picture!

I think the shower went great :-) We had a great time getting to pray for, laugh with and pamper Jessica before this big step in her life. Im really so excited for her and Brandon. Me and Cody are quickly approaching our one year anniversary and I have mixed emotions. I cant believe its only been a year, and I cant believe how much has happened in that year! Life happens and being married makes life that much more fun!

2 comments:

annamae said...

yeah! I still need to do my post on this as well as Gwen's b-day post but my computer isn't wanting to upload the pics :P so for now I think I'll just link to your blog and Brittany's facebook photos haha :)

Unknown said...

Emma... these are beautiful picks and I loved every minute of that wonderful shower! Thank you so much for putting so much effort and thought and love into making it happen and be a wonderful day. You are such a blessing!!