Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Day Trip


We LOVE to travel and go places together. I can't think of anything better then getting to explore some place new with my man, this past weekend with both our schedules all mixed around we ended up having Monday off and took the opportunity to spend a day exploring together. 
We decided to drive north up the coast and ended up spending a wonderful day in Santa Barbara. 
We started out at the zoo! I love animals and my husband knows it, he was sweet to take me here. If you have been to this zoo you know it's smaller which was nice because it was a great way to spend our morning but it didn't take up our whole day.
I won't show you pictures of ALL the animals, but this guy was my favorite! He is a Gibbon and I watched him for like an hour :-) I have always like the big cats the best (Mostly tigers) but man was this a funny little guy. I wanted to hold him, but I'm sure up close he is a stinker :-S
We spent a lot of time shopping state street, we both got something fun to take home. Cody bought me some beautiful jewelry and got himself a new water bottle. Doesn't sound to fun to me but he was pleased :-) And of course we got an ornament for our tree to remember our day in Santa Barbara. At the end of the day we walked the Pier and we got attacked by the wind! We almost blew away! 
It was such a fun romantic and relaxing trip. I'm so blessed to have a husband who loves spending time with me, and who I can't seem to get enough of. I love you husband <3

3 comments:

Tiffany Ann said...

Your hair is turning blond!

Tiffany Ann said...

AND, Cody is wearing the sunglasses!

annamae said...

what a fun day! I just mentioned to Nathan yesterday how I wish we could do things like that. we'd have so much fun together. instead we're stuck at home with kids. :P lucky for them they're cute and we love em.