Tuesday, May 5, 2009

8 Months ago...

I was sitting here tonight and realised that eight months ago today I was spending my last night as a single woman! While I loved those days and had some amazing family and friends to get me through them, I wouldn't go back for anything. It was such a wonderful day with all the people I love the most, so excited to start our new stage of life together. We had no idea what we were getting into!Our wedding day was such a blessing and happy memory that I often think back on. I love looking at the pictures and remembering how perfect everything was, but more then that I love looking forward at whats to come. Before we got married a lot of people warned us marriage wasn't what we thought it would be, still wonderful, but different. We wouldn't agree, it's exactly what we thought it would be, AWSOME! Life on the other hand, as it's so good at doing, went in a different direction then we expected, but isn't that what we should expect;-) I have the most wonderful husband who has continued to amaze me in the gentle respectful way he leads, provides for and loves me. I love him more today then ever and am so excited to see what other plans God has for us and our future. Our life is just barley starting so I know there is a lot ahead of us but I dont mind knowing I get to face whatever it is good or bad with Cody at my side. Here's to the greatest eight months of my life and to hundreds more to come<3

2 comments:

annamae said...

Amen sister! I wasn't too shocked by marriage either, I think that's due to mom and dad being so good at it. :) anyway, keep it up! love you

Eugenie Mary said...

Marriage IS a blast!!! And, you're right, you will go through many things, but God's greatest blessing is having your husband there to go through it with you.
Never take him for granted.
Love Jesus, so that you can love him.
Forgive him, when you need to.
Enjoy the little things.
Love you,
Mom