Monday, May 11, 2009

A time for greiving.

Spring time for me is a reminded of how short life is. How quickly life changes, in a breath, in a heartbeat, in a second everything can change. I often envy those people who have never lost someone close to them. I cant imagine how wonderful it must feel to not have that grief forever written on your heart.
I am grateful that I have a God who is caring and gracious who carries so much of these burdens for me. I’m glad I have hope in the Lord and that I will see some of those precious people again some day. But in the days I have left here on earth I will miss them. I will question why they were taken so soon, too soon. There was so much potential and life left in these wonderful people, and God saw it was time to bring them home to him.
I am in the middle of four months filled with anniversaries of loss. A couple nights ago I was looking back at some old memories with those people. I’m not sure if it ever does get easier, or if we just learn to cope with the pain. Whatever it is, today I feel heavy hearted and sad. I trust that Gods hand is over even this, but it still hurts to say good bye to someone you love.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 34:18The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit

Isaiah 40:18-31Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint


We do not own the people in our lives. They are with us for a little while and then they are gone. But when they are gone do not grieve for the times you shall miss, rejoice in all the times you had.
I miss you sweet boys every day <3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well said Emma. Well said.