Thursday, April 30, 2009

Some People...

Today is an insane long day at work for me, so on my lunch break I spent the first half going to get coffee (and the second writing this) anyways as I'm ordering my coffee the gentleman behind me steps forward and says "I would love to get that for you." Now I know all to well that this kind of thing just irks my husband so I said "Thats sweet but I'm married, and plus I'm buying for the whole office." well that didn't work on this guy, what does he say next?
"Sounds like you get to treat all the girls to coffee then." I frowned but thought fine you want to buy for the office I'll let you buy for the office and proceeded to order drinks for ALL the girls I work with :-P Well as if that wasnt enough he says "Thats all?" Then to the lady behind the counter "Why dont you throw a six shot americano in there with that" I turned and looked at him like he was an idiot and said "Who for!?!" He laughed and said "For luck." ICKY! Haha that is a very very bad line. "It's not a four leaf clover" I snapped. "it's a cup of coffee and your gonna need a LOT more luck then that."

I'm not telling this story to say Oooo look at me haha but to say WHY are men so stupid! I mean really what is buying me coffee going to do for you besides empty your pockets and get some snide remark. Obviously they dont know me and dont know exactly how I would respond, but I hope that any girl would have more respect for herself to fall for that cornyness (If thats even a word) I mean really I'm a person, you cant buy me or trick me into loving you with terrible lines. Where have all the real gentlemen gone?

This same guy didnt even hold the door for me on the way out, now weather thats another sign of his lack of class or his way of expressing he was more then peeved at my own lack of so called class I dont know. But I did take the coffees and the extra americano and I assure you, when I am bouncing off the walls tonight I will owe it all to the gentleman I met at Starbucks today.

2 comments:

annamae said...

LOL!!! the things that happen to you Em! seriously, it's amazing, you should write a book about them all.

Unknown said...

haha! I was laughing so hard when I read this. That's amazing... Thanks for starting up your blog again, I enjoy looking at your pics and keeping up on your life! Love <3