Friday, April 25, 2008

Day One of North Dakota

Hello Friends - This past week me and Cody went on a trip to North Dakota for his cousin Aarons wedding. It was amazing and crazy! I am so thankful we got this oppertunity because it really gave me a chance to get to know this side of his family who I dont get to be around often. Every day was busy and packed and so I am planning on just blogging about it a day at a time!


We traveled with Codys Grandpa (Grandma had gone ahead a week early) Codys brother Cameron and the boys other cousin Jessica along with her boyfriend Nick. Our flight was at midnight out of LAX so the night before was crazy in its self meating up and taking the fly away out to the airport! The picture in the first post is me and Cody ready to embark on our week away! We have both flown before but this was our first time together so I felt it was worthy of a picture

We arrived five hours later in Minneapolis. Naturaly the gate we arrived at, and the gate for our next flight were on compleatly opposite ends of the airport. And when I say ends mean ends! There was only one more gate past ours and nothing else! We had three hours to wait until our next flight but we passed the time quickly. Cody took a wheel chair and rolled around the airport, we had breakfast sandwhiches from Quiznos (disapointing a bit I must say I wish has gotten pizza instead!) After that I thought I needed a coffee so we headed back the direction we had came in search of a starbucks. We quickly found out that the closest one was about ten gates down and decided to give another coffee place a try...MISTAKE! Not only did it cost us $6 it tasted like dirt. I got over it and we bordered the smallest plane I have ever been on and made the last leg of the journy into Grand Forks North dakota!


We loaded up the van and went back to Malissas appartment. We maybe got ten minutes there before we split our differant ways to start a week that never stopped! Cameron headed into fargo to pick up his suit with the guys and me and Cody went with Grandpa and Carlose (Aarons dad) for a tour of Grand Forks and a stop at Cabelas. We had hoped it would be bigger than BPS and wasn't at all. There was a larger variety of stuffed animals though! Cody bought a animal call (which he left in ND) And I found a fishing vest that I liked better than most I have seen but didn't buy. I will probably regret that when we start fishing soon and I dont have a cool vest to wear.


That night the boys headed off to Aarons party and I went to the dollar theater with Jordan and Jessica to see Juno. I was very sleepy but enjoyed it just as much as the first time and had to laugh at how wkword it made jessica feel (She dislikes babies and everything to do with them apparently) The party didnt go to well so after that we picked up the boys and went to Applebees. About three hours later after the slowest service ever we all went home and fell fast asleep!


No comments: