Friday, January 16, 2009

Day Two

After our pretty walk down cannery row, we reached the aquarium!

I have gone here several times with my family and on school trips and I was so excited to be back. It was Codys first time which was exciting because I know how much he loves the ocean and all the crazy things living in it, so he was bound to love it:-)



We stopped to talk to a staff person to ask what the absolute perfect way was to see the aquarium and than fallowed his advice, as well as timed our day to make sure we would see some feedings!We had the greatest time taking everything in! We read all the little placks learning about the different animals and the bay. It was so fun and different to be there just the two of us getting to take everything in as "adults".

Cody took me out to lunch at the nice restaurant they have. It all tasted good and was a beautiful view where we could sit and watch the otters eating and playing right outside in the kelp. I will admit that I ordered a Margarita but... I took one sip and was done! And after that I decided that even though I am now allowed to drink I really shouldn't force myself to like it. If Im more happy with a diet coke than thats what Im going to drink, its cheaper and better for me haha.
My personal favorite was the bat rays. I have always liked them the most ever since I was a child. So the ornament I chose to remember this trip by was a bat ray:-) Cody liked the outer bay exhibit that had the huge sea bass and sturgeon's in it.After we had seen everything we stopped for some thrifties ice cream, which still exists up north, and than headed home. We had a great drive back talking about all the things we had learned and seen that day. The trip was a complete success and I would love to go back again some day.

4 comments:

Scrawny Tawny said...

Looks like fun...I miss the ocean - I'm jealous!

Eugenie Mary said...

What a wonderful birthday! I am so glad that you and Cody could take such a nice trip. I loved your hat! Your birthday was a special day for me too, as I remembered the day you were born :) It was storming and cold. when we called to tell Nole and AnnaMae and Grandma Strang what you were, Nole ran and hid behind the couch! Another girl... but, when he saw he, he loved you instantly.

~KtC~ said...

cannery row...oh the memories! do you remember...."the elevator"...haha

Emma said...

YES! I actually told Cody about that... he didnt understand, I guess it muct be a girl thign