Saturday, June 16, 2012

My weight loss out look on life...

Summer time... it brings a lot of things to mind, most of them wonderful. However for me it also is a time of year with heat which leads to smaller clothing and the inevitable need to lose a few pounds or tone up a bit. Last summer I had none of these thoughts because I was either majorly pregnant or had just given birth and if anyone cared to judge the extras I was packing around I sure didnt mind. This summer I find myself in the same position. Now dont get me wrong as much as its nice to not have to feel bad about it, I do miss the cute sun dresses and shorts ect. I was thinking that maybe next summer I could just be me (or maybe just starting to grow a baby lol) but then I had a awful thought "Its going to be so much more work then ever before to be summer ready!" let me just add that my summer ready isn't even normal person summer ready. You see I have several things working against me when it comes to weight loss and fitness. I am curvy/soft/have some extras to love, whatever you want to call it and I dont mind. I dont have a poor self image and my husband seems to find me attractive (we are popping out the second kid in 12 months after all ;-)) I'm not competitive, like I couldn't care less if you beat me at it or try to guilt me into it, it just doesn't work! I like being content with what I have in life and not comparing it to others, some might see this as a weakness but its something I dont ever want to change. Lastly, I hate working out and I love good food. There are very few fun physical activities I enjoy even, if it gets to hot or sweaty I'm outta there. As for food everyone around me is "discovering" the benefits of eating healthy and rocking the paleo, vegan or some other diet in their lives... I think this is wonderful, for them. I have no desire to do it in my own life however. So whats the point? If I dont care about weight loss, calories or image what on earth would ever get me in shape after baby? Was I just going to resign myself to being a fatty? NOPE! Why not? I love my husband way to much :-) As I have stated he is amazing at making me feel beautiful and like nothing needs to change, but I also know he is a man who appreciates a woman who respects herself and him enough to not just let myself go. So, I have to come up with some kind of plan and motivation. For now I have decided I dont care about losing pounds so I cant set that goal. I don't like to compete so I cant set a goal for myself like running a race or something and since its not about the weight eating right alone wont get me where I need to be... I'm at such a stupid loss for motivation :-) lol Maybe I'll reward myself with a tattoo when my body is "ink worthy" since another one of my personal opinions is ink on fat is nasty ;-P Oh well I still have a little while ot figure it out

1 comment:

Amas Corner said...

Love your attitude and good luck with your new tatoo which I am sure you will reach your goal to enable you to do it. If you need any further information on weight control visit this site!