Sunday, March 20, 2011

Husbands & Hefty Cups

Sometimes I allow all the distractions of life take over my mind and heart and I focus on all the things that "matter so much but mean so little. I have decided that my biggest fault is thinking that I have a right to vent my feelings to those closest to me. Rather than clear my mind and heart of the frustration that I am feeling it feeds my emotions and keeps my focus on things un true and pure. So instead of sharing the little things in life that aren't going "my way" today I thought I'd share some of the amazing things that are happening in my life. I have an amazing God of grace and love who has showered me with so many blessings I don't deserve. Let me share just a few...



This man is by far the most amazing part of my life <3 He makes me laugh daily and fills my heart with so much joy. He understands me and the ways that I need him, and gives so freely of himself to see me happy. He is my best friend and the greatest man I know. He makes me proud to be his wife and puts his whole heart into everything. I couldn't ask for a more devoted and considerate man to give my life to.



How can something so close to me still feel so far away? She is teaching me new things all the time about life and God and she hasn't even made an appearance yet! I am so excited to have this new unexpected cutie in our lives. I know she has so much more to teach me through both the joyful and the trying times of being a parent. I never expected to enjoy being pregnant half as much as I have. Ever day I feel a new kind of joy and thankfulness for this amazing opportunity. Im so glad that God knows what we need and when we need it because I never would have taken this on of my own accord and yet I wouldn't give it up for anything :-) What an unexpected blessing.





I know dogs really??? These boys bring me so much laughter and joy on a daily basis. They also love to cuddle and love on me which is amazingly priceless when your an emotional pregnant woman who's husband occasionally works 130 hour work weeks! If everyone could love as unconditionally as dogs the world would be a much better place. Even when my pregnant brain forgets to feed them (woops!) they still climb into my lap, lay their heads on my belly and shake their heads confused when baby girl gives them a decent kick :-) They are always happy to see me and have so much fun personality. I love my boys <3



Chocolate Milk! Hahaha such a great one :-) I haven't had any weird cravings, just consistent ones. I cant ever get enough milk, but since I don't like milk the chocolate saves me ;-P I am grateful that we not only have everything we need but also enough for silly things like chocolate milk cravings. I'm thankful for a tasy beverage that makes me feel better every time I dink a giant glass <3



Spring time... I have never thought of spring as my favorite season, but this year its such a welcome blessing. We have had a mellow winter around these parts and I wasn't even feeling done with it. However, these sunny days and warm weather have been like healing for my heart that I have allowed to get so heavy with the little things that don't matter. Im enjoying the promise of a new day that spring seems to whisper to us. There is something so great just around the corner and it isn't just summer :-)



Yellow Hefty Cups teehee. This goes back to the amazing man in my life and spring time I think. I love that I have a husband who knows that picking the yellow over the red will bring me extra joy because I love everything seasonal and am enjoying spring more than normal and all the brightness and yep you guessed it... JOY that it seems to bring. These yellow hefty cups are even making my milk cravings more enjoyable ;-P And no this isn't a stretch for something else to be thankful for. these darn cups really do make me happy every time I reach for one in the cabinet.

Lastly I am so thankful and excited to be looking forward to three days of with Cody <3 Although he has some tests to study for its going to be so nice to be abl to enjoy being together, and celebrating his wonderful life since its his birthday this week! Im so grateful for another amazing year with this amazing man.

Life is good <3

No comments: