Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our First Christmas

The joys and pains of your first Christmas together. Joys = We both love Christmas! We always have Christmas music on and are doing anything festive we can think of! The pains = Wanting my home to be completely decked out but having to start with nothing! I think we did alright though;-)

My sweet wonderful husband took me shopping for Christmas decorations and he was so generous. I love the way our first little Christmas home looks. Thanks babe!
I decorated our kitchen stand, focusing mostly on the red since our home is already green:-) I love how all the little goodies I got came together and all had their perfect place. Those are red place mats I found when shopping with Anna and I hung them on the curtain for a touch of color!

I got excited about my $1 Christmas napkins and found use for our star cookie cutters!


Christmas touch to the candle tray, simple but I like it:-) We had to use fake snow since I miss having the real thing!

Peppermint sticks marsh mellows for coco.













I couldn't resist these trees! I love silver glittery anything:-) They were my big splurge and cost more than our real tree! Eeek


Christmas touches to our candles:-)










I found the best greenery smelling reed diffuser at Pier 1:-) It actually smells close to the real thing! And I got some cute mercury glass things. I could have everything in my house mercury Glass but it might be a little much:-) Ha

These are our stocking! Last year we bought each other stockings and now I'm trying to decide if I should keep these? Or if I should get cute matching ones? Hmmm help me out!


I also hung a ton of glittery snow flakes in the window, added a red blanket to the couch, a red and white stripped rug and Cody painted our coffee table red for the Christmas season! Over all everything came together nicely and our home feels just like Christmas:-) What a wonderful first year together!

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

annamae said...

your house looks very christmasy and pretty! how fun that you have the green already so just got to add the red. :)

Tiffany Ann said...

You are so cute its discusting!