Monday, October 27, 2008

Mixed Emotions

This weekend we are flying out to Colorado so Cody can test for the fire department. It is bringing out the weirdest mix of emotions in me!

1 - Excitement, I'm always excited to go places. But I'm excited about this potentially working out and having the huge adventure of moving to Colorado and starting our life there!

2 - Fear, Colorado is not the closest place. It's different and in the fire department often times you stay in the same place so it's a pretty long term commitment!

3 - Frustration, because I hate waiting to find out if this is another process that will end without a job or if we could really move there!

4 - Confusion, at the very mixed emotions.

At our stage of life your working towards something. A career, a family, a home. Whatever it is the thought of achieving that goal is exciting and scary. It's like graduating from college, exciting to accomplish and finish but scary to go out and actually have to do it now! This place could be our home. The place we buy our first house, have and raise our children and live our life out together. On the other hand he could take this test and not pass and we would never think about it again. I guess its best to not even think about it happening until later on in the process but with it being so far away and such a huge change it's hard not to! So what do I do with these emotions

I keep being patient and trusting that God will place us in the perfect place. So I don't have to worry if its the right place or if we can do it or not. It will happen when it's the right time and the right department, until than I should focus on being content where I am at because it's obviously where he wants us until further notice...

1 comment:

annamae said...

hey glad you started blogging again! I'll be praying for you guys about your future. :) it was so fun having you this last weekend!